Wednesday
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing
As is given any time Alex or anyone in this house gets sick, I begin the disinfecting process. The standard procedure is to strip the bedding and wipe down all surfaces and favorite toys. Usually, this takes a few days because I'm also on the verge or am at the time sick and exhausted from tending to the other sicky & day to day house responsibilities or Alex just goes from one clean thing to the next making it dirty again. But today, oh blessed today, was a miracle! Honest honest miracle. Not only did Alex sleep from 9p till 8am this morning, not waking up once, but then he occupied himself while I washed, dried AND put away not just bedding laundry but ALL of it. ALL 4 loads people!!! I also vacuumed the entire house, did some spot mopping, tidied up my closet, organized my necklaces that were all tangled in my jewelry box, cleaned the bathrooms, and got the dishes cleaned or in the dishwasher. Plus I got a long invigorating shower! And it's only 2pm. Amazing. It just feels so good to have a cleaner house--and to be showered!! Granted as soon as Alex wakes up from his nap, that status might change, but for now, I'm going to enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment