Thursday

Come in. Come in, my child. We mustn't lurk in doorways. It's rude. One might question your upbringing


I have never understood why some resturants/cafes/drink joints don't really provide a designated "wait here for your order" area. Wait I take that back, guess it's more they don't provide ENOUGH space, though rental space is prime in Cali so amount of waiting space probably wasn't their first concern. So let me move onto the people. Why is it that some people don't get that if you don't want to be asked a million times if you're in line, get out of the area that says, "order here". Also why are you waiting for you order in the doorway? Really. Never is any place so overly busy that you have to wait for your order in the doorway. Doorway exceptions are only for those in line to order--think Cafe Rio and their mile long line.

Case in point: Yesterday I popped into Jamba Juice (I highly recommend the Pomogranate Paradise) and it was fairly busy and because of this, all the seats that lined the windows were taken. However there were tables within earshot of the big-voice asian calling out names to hear when your order came up and more than ample space around the barstools in Jamba to just hang out in limbo for 5 minutes. But no. I don't know if they were worried that a fire might break out but people would stand and wait for their order in front of the door. So they either had to constantly move out of the way or people had to squeeze past them just to get in/out. It's one thing if there's only one idiot blocking the door but when you have three clueless teenagers, it's just chaos because each time they would collide with each other in an attempt to move. I finally couldn't handle it anymore and told them to move away from the door and pointed to where they should stand. sheesh. Thank goodness it didn't take long for my drink because as i was leaving another threesome was about to take up post at the doorway and it would have been a shame to have to knock sense into them with my delectable jamba.

No comments: