Tuesday

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?


It is truly amazing what you can get done when there is nothing else to do but get the thing you've been putting off--well, done for lack of a different word.

The past couple of days I haven't had a car since it's been on loan to jake's sis. I'll have to admit it's been pretty nice. I always have this urge to "get out" of my house--daily, hourly, minute by minute. Mostly because the piles of laundry that never seem to end, the dog hair that keeps on shedding, and I just love retail therapy in the full use of the phrase. Now Alex and I have done more walks and playing in our haphazard yard to get out---luckily it's been sunny and warm-err. Also, since I'm wheel-less, my house looks amazing and I've gotten a lot done--both productive and not. I started reading one of my fav books for the umphteenth time, figured out some projects I want to start and what I'll need, started early birthday shopping for people (and scouting out things I want for own b-day), began formulating the direction i want to go for alex's room decor, watched some idiot tv, and got my house clean. Not that I'm saying I'm better off without a car. I do miss it but whatev, life goes on right and it's no big thing. Besides there's always the weekend! I'm already planning my escape this Friday...even if jake has already a date lined up with a nail gun. Me and Alex are still outta here...though we might only make it as far as Palmer for a video rental. I'll take what I can get!

No comments: