Wednesday

I'm not concerned, if you're not.



As most of you know, Honolulu is not inexpensive. The only thing cheap is the air that you breathe--but give it a couple more years and I'm sure that'll change. So the hotel we stayed in wasn't exactly posh since we only needed it as a resting ground and why pay mega bucks for something you'll only be in for maybe 8hours at a time right? But our hotel had an extra perk...yup those are fire trucks. There were three that were lined on the street our window faced along with a few police cars blocking off the area and of course, some residents of the apts across from us--one guy came out in his boxers, no shoes and a very prominent belly to investigate on the sidewalk. No, it wasn't a gun shoot out or drug bust (the funny thing in honolulu is there's the posh mixed with the ghetto, though we were ghetto in ghetto so it was very plausible). I had just fallen asleep when jane woke me up with "um, our building is surrounded by fire trucks, should we be worried". ah yes. good question. Turns out there was merely some smoke on the 30th floor but all was fine and after about an hour or so everyone cleared out. I took the non-running of fireman to the building as a good sign. Though I did double check that my bags were ready to go before I fell back asleep. just in case.

No comments: