Today was our first day at the hawaii house and it was fabulous! Both alex and i are sunburnt and i didn't even lay out very long. In fact i forgot to take my "M" intial necklace off and I have a white M on my chest. brilliant. Alex took a few hours to adjust to where he was at. Our flight was long and he was still a little off with his sleeping but after a nap he was good to go. he wasn't so sure about the slide at first but didn't seem to mind it. we think that the life vest is what was keeping him from fully enjoying the experience. He's still a water baby and it was pretty touch keeping him away from the pool. he loved exploring the yard and saying "wow" to everything and "what's that" too. I also got in some exercise by shoveling lava rock and raking it around the yard to make the area level. Gotta earn my keep right?!
Anyways tomorrow off to the market and the usual walmart run for essential kid items and then maybe some warm ponds...jane says that they usually avoid them on the weekends because the locals don't like the white folk but with me around, she thinks we'll be o.k. And actually I believe it because in the airport while we were waiting for our flight to Kona, the locals were SO nice to me. Even to the point of ignoring other customers (of course the white ones) to chase after alex for me and keep him entertained. there was one lady who kept asking alex if he wanted to go home with "grandma" and listed off all the fun stuff they could do. i had to tell her that I'd meet the fiery wrath of the grandma we were going to visit if I didn't show up with him. it was hilarious because then she started bribing him with banana bread to come and sit with her. Alex was definitely digging the attention. I love hawaii!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment