Wednesday

Where are the bullets for this gun?


Oh my word! Something has been tapping at my house for the past 1/2 hour. I was thinking it could be a woodpecker but I'm pretty sure that the only birds around here this time of year are ravens. School's not out yet but then again last I checked tapping on windows and running away weren't exactly high on the pranks that kids do list. But honestly! What's with all the tapping?? Tap tap tap. It's like this faint tapping on my window for a few minutes, then this HUGE whomp! and it's creeping me out. I've gone from window to window and I find nothing. I'm getting old but not crazy. This does however remind me of the time that jake and I were in bed and a loud noise invaded the silence of our house. I asked the standard "what's that" to which he replied "I don't know." Go figure. Then of course I told him to go check it out. But my brave little alaskan said "no way" and I ended up creeping down my stairs to see if a serial killer was in my home. Brilliant. In Jake's defense he did say that he keeps the guns in our closet so that way he can defend us on high ground and not have to go check out things in the dark dark 1st story--however it must be noted that he didn't even budged from the snug confines on the comforter and expressed his surprise and admiration that I even went to check it out. That's right, I'm the actually the rugged alaskan now.

No comments: