Wednesday

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.










I know that I will not get any sympathy for this post but I don't care. I'm really sad and it's my blog. Today was my last day on the Big Island. And with it being such a nice one it makes it even harder to pack. I mean, we went to the zoo, got some good grub, did some shopping, swam in the pool and sat in the sun. i even met a supremely feminine hawaii man working at KFC...that's right jonesy...KFC. How can you beat that? Yeah, good luck. Of course it doesn't help that I have an 11 hr flight ahead of me--yuck. stupid AK Air and their lack of decent flights. I have to go through Seattle THEN up to Alaska which that alone tacks on 3.5 more hours nevermind the layover time. But i got two more weeks here so i guess I shouldn't complain right?! Jake's already hinted that he would like me to stick around anchorage on friday to run errands and to make him and charlie dinner. Go figure. I've also already been warned that the house is a mess. Good thing I don't have anything planned accept pining for hawaii.

Anyway, Mahalo! Big Island, Big Island home, mama jane and papa kerry! I look forward to being with Jake and at my own home (eventually) but I will miss miss miss this place.


PS. The pics are from our zoo trip. Alex was thrilled when he spotted the car strollers that could be rented. He really liked watching the monkeys, trying to get closer to the peacock, and watching the white bengal tiger. And yes that is a horrible pic of me, I look chunky--too much fast food!-- but at least i'm tan and alex looks adorable.

1 comment:

Breckan said...

Mahana, I DO have sympathy for you. Coming home from vacation, especially a long vacation is SO SO hard. I miss Hawaii pretty much everyday I'm here in Provo. I hope you and Alex have a safe flight back to Anchorage.