Any of you who have been to my home know that there is basically nothing hanging on the walls. In fact, our home is pretty plain inside mostly because 1) we haven't had time to shop for decor, 2) Jake and I don't always agree so we put it off and use the money for vacations and 3) we live in Alaska and most decor available here doesn't fit our style. So when going through our photos of our last trip to Tahiti about a year ago, we were surprised to find this picture of two clustered flowers I had taken while there. I won't lie, it looked amazing, so an idea started to formulate...what if where ever we travel we take pics of flowers we like, then frame them?? Brilliant. Not only a great decor piece but it has a story behind it which I love.
The only other framed picture we have in the house is one Jake's mom got us from a famous painter in Hawaii. The picture is called Summer Love and she said it reminded her of us because when Jake went to BYU Hawaii for spring semester while we were dating, it kind of gave us that "hey I miss that person and could see myself with them for eternity" moment. Anyway I digress from my newly framed and hung up pictures. So there they are in my dining room. No fancy photo shop program (just the basic "enhance" and "sharpen" feature on our computer) or pricey photo printing company. In fact I uploaded these to Walmart.com.
Blown up 16x20 photo: $12/photo. Frames:$40/piece. Fantastic Decor: Priceless.
yeah. awesome, I know.
And yes that is a video of my killer skills at flower picture taking so you can see it close up, even though that still doesn't do them justice. I invite you to come take a gander in person and be awed and inspired when you get a chance :)
Left to right the location of flowers: Alaska (wild flower we saw on hike this summer), Thailand (flower in this cool water pot at the Golden Palace), Tahiti (in my grandma's garden), Big Island Hawaii (In Jake's mom's garden), and Tahiti (wild orchid found on a lava tube/waterfall hike)
5 comments:
Those pictures look good. You should try doing portraits of the kids too.
Or one of eli and jackson for jonesy's wall.
way cute! and i love that you swear on your blog. i used to, then found out that the entire town of beaver reads my blog. so i thought it would be in my best interest just in case my bishop stumbled upon it. haha.
love the pictures. and the "i stink" story.
Ha! Julie you crack me up...I did try to not swear with this post title but it just sounded so much better. You know how people say those who swear just have a limited vocabulary? I honestly tried for some other word but no synonym would suffice! So there. Oh and if all of Beaver is reading your blog, they'll probably hop onto mine and think you have such evil friends. lol. I love it!
Looks good guys! Seriously, very hot!
Post a Comment