Saturday

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.



This is early BUT I am known to be OC sometimes. I bought this cake pan about a month ago for Jake and Alex's birthday (Oct 25th). Alex is a die hard car fan and since I couldn't find a jeep, which I really wanted for Jake, this is the cake that they both will be getting. I'm planning on putting a racing stripe down the middle, then having black frosting on one side with "30 Jacob" on the door and the other side blue with "2 Alex". Then if I feel ambitious, maybe some flames. But we'll see. I had originally bought a train pull apart cake pan that is super cute but I wanted to have their names on the cake and I think the car will be perfect--just enough room, it's not very big. I'll probably have to do another cake just to feed all the family, but I'm sure that my sis-in-law whose kid was born on the same day will be doing a cake too anyways, so that will save me the extra trouble! Two cakes are more fun than one anyway right?! ha! I would love to do a full on theme birthday for Alex but really he's not old enough--I'm thinking when he's into primary and has other friends outside the family circle that I'll do one for him.

I do feel a little bad that Jake has to share his birthday! But I had the same birthday as my grandfather so luckily it's kind of the same situation where with their differences in age I can do something special and different for each of them on their birthday. But they will probably always have to share a cake, because I'm not that into baking to begin with!

No comments: