Thursday

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.




I woke up this "morning"...alright it was 10am which was a fantastic time to wake up and start the new year by the way...but I digress...anyway I woke up this morning and thought, "hmm, I smell like baby formula. ew. And my arm is asleep." And you know what? It was a good thing. I haven't really sat down and "penned" about this adoption and having Kohi, living and breathing and cuddling in my arms now everyday. Never mind the poor kiddie got thrush, has a stuffed up nose and has been slightly cranky because of it. Never mind, hardly any sleep at night or the emotion of trying to help his birth mother continue and grow with her life and the always, even if tiny, chance that she may take him away. I have two boys now. TWO. Two fantastic lively, inspiring, cute, adorable, entertaining boys. And I feel blessed. Very blessed. Despite the ups and downs of the adoption, in the end it really has made it only sweeter that Kohi is in our family and makes me reflect on the wonder that is adoption and cry for joy that we also have Alex. So perhaps this year, I'll just resolve to remember. Remember that I've been chosen to be their mom, remember that I am Jake's wife and I think just in remembering I will be motivated to be a better mom & wife and be a better me. Happy new year!

1 comment:

Becca said...

sweet post!!Happy New Year!