Alex has a backpack. It's a little big for him...o.k. realistically if I put all the stuff I want to in it, he can't carry it. It really needs a buckle across the chest like adult camelback bags do. HIs shoulders just aren't wide enough!
Anyway, I had all these grand plans to find patches to sew on it of all the places he's been to. The kids has traveled quite a bit...thank you free lap infant rules. I do have a few patches....somewhere in my craft room but seeing as it's kind of big for him, and it mostly sits on the shelf, I'm procrastinating my awesome patches idea until it will really be displayed for the public. In reality I got the backpack for when we travel. I want him to carry his own diapers and snacks and toys. Except he's not big enough for his bag. Go figure.
But I've come across this in thinking about our trip to Hawaii in November:

Thank you Nordstroms. And I love it! It's so Alex. So I've been debating about getting him it. It's roughly the same size as the backpack he has (maybe an inch or two smaller) but with wheels. Ridiculously cute right?
But then I saw this at Gap:

I think this one is cool too. It's supposed be a dump truck in case you're wondering. It doesn't tell me the dimensions though but I'm guessing it's slightly bigger than the blue car. It was in the Toddler 1-5 year old accessory section online so I'm sure it'll be fine for Alex to tug along.
BUT WHICH ONE? Both are the same price. Gaps is currently on sale whereas Nordy's is a new listing. I'm torn. Blue Car is uber-adorable and the Dump Truck is more little boy that is phasing to bigger boy ya know? But then again Alex has his backpack for when he is a bigger boy...though I'm betting Kohi will be "bigger" sooner.
Oh which one?
3 comments:
I don't think I could decide--I'd get both--haha--and have him use the one he wants to use then, then when Kohi is bigger you can hand-me-down the used one to him or have Kohi use the 2nd. Or if you're going on a trip or something, you might just need 2 toy bags :D
How much are the bags--I might just have to get 'em for Corbin--his room is decorated in "Cars, Planes, Trucks" things that "Go" :D
oh they're both so cute! I think the blue one would be better to put lots of patches on. i'd think you'd cover the gap one till it's unrecognizable. plus the blue one would look like a nascar with all the patches on. But I would totally end up getting both for my boy. ahahah
me and gavin like the car one.
Post a Comment