Monday

It's not trash. That's just the bag it's in.

I had a rare moment of claustrophobia in my closet today. Usually I revel in all the fun stuff I have. On a superficial level it just makes me happy to know that if I wanted to, I could find an outfit for any occasion or era or just in general look good while on the flip side I do have 2 drawers dedicated to just pajamas....and this is AFTER I cleaned up my closet. scary, I know. And knowing Jake, he'll walk into the closet and not notice a difference. Yeah I have a lot of clothes...don't even get me started on shoes.
But I did it...that's a 45 gallon trash bag and this isn't even a picture of it when I was finished stuffing it full of stuff. I finally let go of clothing that has been moved from Cali to Utah to Alaska. wow. what a waste of space & time. I'll admit... I'm what would be called a hoarder. I hate getting rid of stuff because I just may need it. You know, in a few years. Besides fashion is cyclical right? I'm already in fashion before designers say its fashionable. Boo-yah. Take that Tim Gun.

Anyway, I'm on some find a focus, streamline, and de-clutter kick. I had shoes, tops, pants etc from high school (no not underwear too, sheesh) that I finally got rid of. Mind you, this is all stuff that is in good condition but it's either too small, too short, too big or I really don't need 6 long sleeve black shirts. or do I? no I don't. I don't! Also I took a couple of dresses of mine that had a hole or something wrong with it that I couldn't give to SA and will be using the good portions of the material to try and make Leila some cute dresses. We'll see if that comes to fruition.

Either way, I'm quite proud of myself. It was hard :P

2 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

good job! im the total opposite. i get rid of EVERYTHING.. which is why im struggling right now. i threw all my fat pants away and now i need them desperately. just an excuse to buy more shiz, i guess. anyway, good job. that takes alot!

Miner said...

Mahana I am totally the same way! I can't get rid of clothes, because as I go through them I convince myself I WILL wear it one day.. I had a moving box full of clothes that I didn't wear and instead of getting rid of it, it stayed in the loft forever, until I finally unloaded it again and they are back in my closet!!! haha, and now I'm wearing two pairs of pants over and over again and about five shirts!! Crazy! I never thought I could do that. I'll be so happy to get back to having a closet and more clothes again. I know all I NEED is a few pairs of pants... but I definitely couldn't have an outfit for every occation. :) I'm proud of you! haha Miss you tons Girl! HUGS