Tuesday

Bon Voyage

I was talking with my SIL Claire tonight and the subject of vacations came up, which ultimately spurred --not that it needed much help-- my day (night too?) dreaming of where I want to get away to. Granted with 3 kids, going anywhere isn't easy. And both sets of grandparents live far away that I either have to find a way to route my flight plan through their area (thank goodness my parents live by San Francisco, major airport hub!) or pay whole separate fares to get them there (eh hem, Hawaii grandparents)!

At first you'd think the location of grandparents wouldn't be that important...ah but it is since most places I want to go I want to 1) go without my kids or 2) would need the kids to have a passport and Alex is the only one that does right now. Side note: Leila should have her adoption finalized in a month!!! But despite these practical and thoroughly irritating roadblocks to my traveling, I can still dream right? So dream with me. Where do you want to go to get away???

Here's my top 5 for now (though my top two really are fairly equal right now). Granted if it was worth it to leave Alaska during the summer, my top 5 would definitely change, but it's not so these are winter destinations (aka not that cold/no snow!) If I'm lucky, maybe this February you will find me there (hint hint, you know who you are).
  1. China--specifically Shanghai, Xian, Guilin/kayak the Li River, and visit that little island they call the "Hawaii of China" though I could skip this since I'll be at the real hawaii in a month.
  2. Turkey!!
  3. Greece!!! White washed wonders...sigh.
  4. Egypt/Jordan (I'm more than a little curious AND extremely nervous about visiting here. I have 3 kids after-all. And the media has brainwashed me to an extent that I just picture bombs in Jordan because it's in the middle east).
  5. Italy (yes I've been but honey, I did love Italy and want some delicious gelato!)


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ahhhh, I love daydreaming about traveling someday, when the kids are older, when we have enough money, blah, blah, blah......I would love to go just about anywhere--but right now my sister is in Australia, so I'm really wishing that's where I was too! PS--I LOVED Greece!!!!! And I want to go to Italy with Aaron someday...

Kelly J said...

You already know I stalk you here, so it should be no surprise I leave you a note.
Rome is A-Mazing. Period. So I can see your desire to go back to Italy. However, we have a Gelato place here in Reston, VA that can almost match the taste in Italy. So...you can always come here!!