
I am going to return to the roots of photography. Sounds mysterious and noble right? not really. I'm just joining the ever popular crowd of lomography photographers. Can I call myself a photographer...yes, yes I can and I will. Besides in a digital age, any one with a camera and photoshop can call themselves a photographer (I choose to the call the really good ones, though picture geniuses).
I got my Holga 135BC today and am anxious to try it out. Of course I need film and it would be nice if the wide angle lens I got for it would show up in the mail too, but details details.
So watch out world, I'm going to take pictures and not say "oh I can photoshop it to make it better" or "I can just delete it" because I'm going by a new set of Rules. The 10 Golden Lomography ones:
Take your camera everywhere you go.
Use it any time – day and night.
Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it.
Try the shot from the hip.
Approach the objects of your Lomographic desire as close as possible.
Don’t think. (William Firebrace)
Be fast.
You don’t have to know beforehand what you captured on film.
Afterwards either.
Don’t worry about any rules.
Hello lomo.
1 comment:
hey, sounds fun! So what day works good for you getting pedis??? And where do you like to go? I've only ever been to the one in the old cottonwood creek mall that got torn down last year......I can go pretty much any afternoon. I just have to tell Aaron to come in early and watch the kids and I am good to go!
Post a Comment