Wednesday

Hyper Aware

Maybe it's because I have my own kids or I'm a sucker for those doe-eyed kids in need of aide on tv. Though I'd like to think it's because I am humble and loving and giving. ha. right....as I blog about it. On a serious note though. I think with the holidays past it's easy to forget those in need--an all year thing for many.

In an effort to cut back on my superficial and unnecessary luxuries, I find myself with extra change in my pocket and it feels good. Especially because I now don't think twice about sending in a donation. I'm (slowly) moving away from being selfish. I could skip my super-sized Big Mac and fries and give that money to someone in need.

So think about it. Do you really NEED it? Could someone else use that $1, $5, $10? Yes they could. If you don't think they do, here's a few articles that will make you think otherwise. We've all been blessed. I mean, c'mon you're on the internet reading this aren't you? Some people don't even have electricity, let alone a computer to access the internet.

Haiti Earthquake

Faces of Hunger

Think if it was your own child in need.

No comments: