Problem: Leila's long bedroom wall.
Solution(?):
I know I want to do a vinyl wall decal on Leila's wall. The way you enter her room has a little bit of a hallway feel to it
and so I just think anything like a framed picture or art that I hang on the wall has to also look good from the side, not just the front. That's why I didn't hang the canvases on that wall. I don't like how you see the side first, then the picture. I'm picky, I know.
So THIS is my new direction with the wall decal. I tried to put the pic on the blog but it didn't work. Sorry....
I like how it says "LOVE" but it's all mixed up in the vines and no hearts. Plus I have these Urban Outfitters LOVE ornaments that I'm going to put on her windowsill---totally ties it in.
Then to add some dimension to the wall (but this is good 3d because you can tell what it is from the side), I'd place THESE UMBRA flowers around it.
Sort of like this:
(but I'd paint them the colors to match the room rather than plain white to make them POP). Thoughts? At first I thought it might be a little cheesy to have a word on the wall but she's not even 1 yet. Girly girl and cheesy is fine. I'm sure I'll be redoing her room at some point. Right? Riiiight.
No comments:
Post a Comment