Today I was going to order some new summer clothes for my kids. They don't really need them or even as many shorts as I had been planning on getting! Instead I took that money and then some and donated at the Red Cross for the Japan Relief Effort. The minimum amount you can donate is $10 and I know the economy sucks but do you have electricity? Do you have food? Is your family safe? Do you still have a home to go back to each day? Could you go without cable tv for at least one month to donate? Or perhaps skip lunch out today? Think about it. Thousands of our brothers and sisters don't have BASIC necessities. I know that I can't sit back in my comfortable home without taking at least a moment to help out in a much needed way.
God bless all those in Japan with the strength to carry on, with hope that this too shall pass...and with prayers that it passes quickly!
2 comments:
I have a friend over there right now teaching English too. But I thought I'd also mention that the church is taking donations also. I'm telling my friend to go find one of our church's cuz they'll always have help & support there.
Amen!
Post a Comment