Sunday

Ode to Joy

I turn 30 in 13 days. THIRTY. The dirty thirty. And while I'm aging marvelously--or rather as expected (larger butt, flabbier arms--but sadly still small boobies)--I'm quite satisfied with how my 20s have played out.


I married the love of my life and best friend.


I became a mother to 3 of the most interesting, adorable, stubborn, charming and smartest kids ever.


I graduated from college.


Built my own home.


Went to Italy, France, England, Monaco, Tahiti, Thailand, Mexico, Hong Kong, South Africa (best vacation EVER. ever), stepped into Laos, visited a smattering of East Coast cities (NYC girl trip was epic) and all up and down the West Coast (Aloha Hawaiian islands!).


I started my very own garden--and didn't kill everything. BONUS!


I kept some amazing friends across the world and made some incredible new ones.


I've aquired beautiful sisters (in-law) that I totally know would back me up no matter what.


All in all, I definitely had a roaring 20s. But I still have 13 days and I want to go into the 30s with style. So on the agenda is a haircut--desperately needed. A pedicure. At least two massages. Maybe a new hair color or at least highlights. More than likely a new pair of shoes and outfit. Lots and lots of salted caramel chocolates (I'm looking at you LACI!). And lots and lots of running around with my kids--Cuz I'm getting old people. Who knows how much longer I'll last!


I'm going to be 30. Weird.

2 comments:

Laci J said...

LOL!! That's funny, cuz I bet I showed up on your door step just minutes after you wrote this with a little baggie of sea-salt caramels... Leila almost cried when I told Jake to go hide them for you till you woke up from your nap. Good thing Ry's her new bestie and helped her forget about them.

Jane said...

Trust me girl, 30s are much better than 20s :D