I just realized that Easter is in two Sundays. Crazy! March already seems to be flying by (which is fine by me because HELLO hawaii). So seeing as I've been dubbed the matriarch while mama jane is away, we will have dinner at my house on Easter Sunday March 23rd. Start thinking of what you want to bring.
I am planing on doing the following:
Glazed spiral ham
Deviled eggs
Lemon-Tarragon sugar peas (if i find good sugar snaps)
Indian spiced rice
Keri's salad (i really don't know what else to call it and everybody knows it by that...Thank you Keri!)
In somewhat related news, I'm excited because with pretty much all the family that lives in AK living next to me soon, we'll be able to rotate who is in charge of the family dinner or can start doing potlucks on random days of the week instead of just on Sundays (almost like a "i'm exhausted" so can we combine and do dinner sort of thing). Thank goodness I have a family that's willing to help or just plain do dinner every now and then. Can you tell that I've gotten use to NOT cooking this past month??? ha! I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump back into it...sorry jake...but I do make an exception for major holidays like Easter!
By the way, for those of you unable to attend (ie out of state) I was thinking we could set up the webcam at dinner so you can see what's going on and participate at least in the conversation....sound good??
1 comment:
Yummy!! It sounds soo good. I hope Greg and I make it this year. Robin is suppose to be coming down but I doubt she'll make it. She's in Hawaii spending like a thousand dollars a day on nick and his girlfriend so I'm sure she'll come home broke and I'm not giving her money to come down here again. Plus, I'm going to put up a fight if Greg thinks we need to go up there, we have yet to do an easter with you since we were first married..I think. ANYWAYS, if we do make it, plan on baked beans to go with that yummy ham!! and hawaiian sweet rolls, store bought of course because i really suck at making breads.
Post a Comment