My main purpose for coming to California besides reuniting with my son, was to go to my friend Crystal's wedding today. Beautiful wedding, short and sweet, fun reception. My friend looked SO happy and I love her new hubby so all is well. However, the memorable story of the night has nothing to do with the wedding or my friend but rather who I came back into contact with...ahh yes. The infamous EX factor.
Just a little background, Mark and I split up WAY back in high school my senior year. He was already out of high school and all that and it really just fizzled out. Didn't end on bad terms but whatever. He would try to get back with me every now and then when we'd see each other at parties but nothing ever came of it in the end. So tonight was the first time I had seen him in almost 10 years. He's married AND his wife is pregnant. Nothing spectacular about that and really I figured he'd be married by now anyways. What was weird and shocking was the fact that he kind of hit on me at the wedding with his wife no less than 5 ft away. Seriously. I kid you not. Even after I repeatedly asked if he was married, instead of saying "yes and she's pregnant" he'd either say "yeah" or nod his head. Never at any time did he introduce his wife nor even acknowledge her presence even when she came up to him, while he was trying to talk to me. Instead he would shoot me his silly (aka slightly drunk) grin or elbow me and laugh and at one point in the evening starting telling me I was "hot". What?! Married men should not be saying that to anyone, especially their exs who they have conveniently failed to introduce to their pregnant wife. It took a few times repeating that I was married, had a kid and lived in Alaska for it to sink in and him to lose interest allowing us to make our exit. Unreal! Honestly. I was with my BF jessica and at the time Mark kept telling me I was "Hot", his friend Andy who we had originally started talking with, also couldn't believe what Mark was saying because he kept saying to jessica "do you hear what he's saying to Mahana?! He's telling her that he thinks she's hot."
Needless to say, tonight reaffirmed that getting out of the proverbial Dodge was a blessing and that i have a FABULOUS husband that I know would never hit on anyone. Sheesh. I, however, will take a moment to gloat in the fact that despite being an "old married women" with a kid, I am still considered hot...HA!
Just a little background, Mark and I split up WAY back in high school my senior year. He was already out of high school and all that and it really just fizzled out. Didn't end on bad terms but whatever. He would try to get back with me every now and then when we'd see each other at parties but nothing ever came of it in the end. So tonight was the first time I had seen him in almost 10 years. He's married AND his wife is pregnant. Nothing spectacular about that and really I figured he'd be married by now anyways. What was weird and shocking was the fact that he kind of hit on me at the wedding with his wife no less than 5 ft away. Seriously. I kid you not. Even after I repeatedly asked if he was married, instead of saying "yes and she's pregnant" he'd either say "yeah" or nod his head. Never at any time did he introduce his wife nor even acknowledge her presence even when she came up to him, while he was trying to talk to me. Instead he would shoot me his silly (aka slightly drunk) grin or elbow me and laugh and at one point in the evening starting telling me I was "hot". What?! Married men should not be saying that to anyone, especially their exs who they have conveniently failed to introduce to their pregnant wife. It took a few times repeating that I was married, had a kid and lived in Alaska for it to sink in and him to lose interest allowing us to make our exit. Unreal! Honestly. I was with my BF jessica and at the time Mark kept telling me I was "Hot", his friend Andy who we had originally started talking with, also couldn't believe what Mark was saying because he kept saying to jessica "do you hear what he's saying to Mahana?! He's telling her that he thinks she's hot."
Needless to say, tonight reaffirmed that getting out of the proverbial Dodge was a blessing and that i have a FABULOUS husband that I know would never hit on anyone. Sheesh. I, however, will take a moment to gloat in the fact that despite being an "old married women" with a kid, I am still considered hot...HA!
4 comments:
He called you hot? How much was he drinking?!? Haha just kidding. you are a hot mama. (I'd say milf but jonesy hates that word.) I like your hair in those pictures.
yeah yeah. it was open bar but I'm guessing he can still hold his liquor just as good as when we were dating. nothing like a little liquid courage hmm.
And just call me clueless, but what does milf mean anyways? I always thought is was associated with dykes or something...and i know you ain't calling me no dyke so what does it mean!
uh nevermind. I just googled it. i'm now informed.
arielle thats a terrible word! i agree with matthew
Post a Comment