Sunday

Pretty much all the honest truth telling in the world is done by children.



Alex is in his "NO" stage. No no no no no. However, he seems to know when the reply of "no" is actually appropriate or perfectly timed for best comical response.

Yesterday we went out with Nana, Jessica, Auntie Kelly and Matt to go shopping and of course they were completely enamoured by him to the point that they started arguing over who he liked best.

Jessica "Do you like Kelly?"
Alex replies with unintelligable chatter
Jessica, "Just say no."
Kelly, "Don't tell him that! Let him decide!"
Jessica, "Alex say you don't like Kelly."
Alex, "NO."
Kelly, "Ha! See you can't make him say what he doesn't think."

Earlier at their house, I took him out to the car to change his stinky diaper (they were about to have an open house so i figured that the smell of poop doesn't exactly scream "buy this house"). When we came back in, Nana asked me if I had found the garbage can outside, which I hadn't, but Alex replied for me with a clear "No". Interesting. I think he understands more than he is letting on...his jibber jabbering is just to throw me off.

1 comment:

Arielle said...

I remember when remmy and avi were at that stage. I can't believe Alex is already that much older.