I'm guilty. Yup. Guilty of begrudging support of the supposedly Youth organized Snow Fun Day for tomorrow. Let me break it down. 1)unless you consider jake and i youth, the extent of youth involvement in its execution will probably be "yes let's have a snow activity", 2) somehow jake got put in charge which means I became the foot soldier for getting the majority of it together, and 3)both jake and i need a lesson on delegating.
So today was last minute buying of stuff. All has been good up to this day. I've pretty much found what we needed with ease and really it's not that much. And IF Alex hadn't started out my day by practically giving me a black eye, and IF he hadn't fought with me the entire time we were out today, I would have been fine. But you take a highly active 17 month old who doesn't want to spend his morning in a shopping cart, a mother that just wants to get this activity over with--going on minimal sleep--not being able to find what I want at the stores PLUS getting all the way home with a child that has finally crashed in his car seat only to realize as I pull up to talk to my sister in law about how I couldn't find the movie i wanted to rent but we'd probably be busy making sure Jake had everything he needed, that I FORGOT to get bowling pins for one of the main activities. AHH! And yes that was the longest horribly incorrect grammar wise sentence ever!
So I turn around the car, say goodbye to the possibility of a nap and call Jake to find out the quickest way to get to the bowling alley. All the while cursing cursing cursing the activity and my own stupidity at forgetting lame bowling pins and also not just telling jake to delegate it to the other youth leaders to help get stuff. Yes I know it's easier if one person does it all but honestly, there's a reason why someone rarely volunteers to...it's a freaking PAIN.
Anyways, I fumed all the way there and home. I was fully prepared to be irritated the rest of the afternoon when jake called and sincerely told me Thank you. That's what I needed. I know he's grateful and a lot of our gratefulness is unspoken but really I needed that--at that moment. He had told me when I first called about directions to the bowling alley but I was so HOT that it felt forced. But him calling a little later to again tell me was what I needed. And now I can focus on making the best damn chili for the chili contest.
No comments:
Post a Comment