

Today I had a mini-revelation. Not of anything super important, life affirming and world changing, but a it's-been-in-the-back-of-my-suppressed-feelings-and-mind sort of revelation.
I was chatting with Claire--was it yesterday?--about how fun it would be for them to take a trip to Seattle and go furniture shopping for their new house especially since they'll have money to spend from when their house sells. I got way way excited because I think to be able to just go and decorate your house would be fun. Now you may be asking, "well don't you have a house that you can decorate." Um yes and no. See the difference between my situation and Claire's, besides they'll have the chunk of change to do it, is I have to get everything pre-approved through Jake. I have to make him see my vision. And it's just gotten to a point, that there is no point in even looking for house decorating items without him because 1) he doesn't have the time to go see it with me, 2) i'm not taking pictures of everything, 3) I'm POP and he's FIZZ (aka I want something that stands out and is a conversation starter, he's wants clutter free and calm, 4) Alaska has crap home stores, and 5) oh yeah you need money to do all that. Thus we only have one pic framed up right now, with two others in the process but placement still pending.
So my mini-revelation: I buy clothes for myself and of course now for Alex since he hasn't gotten to that picky stage, but really mostly for myself, because it is my way of venting my decorative energy in a way that doesn't require pre-approval. I see something I would love for the house--oh wait would jake like it??--uh nevermind, I'll just get a great shirt I love instead of bothering jake and getting exasperated that once again he doesn't like what I've picked out. Whew. Interesting but so so true. However, another part of my mini-revelation was I could decorate Alex's room because that's pretty much the only room, besides my craft room, that Jake probably could care less about with room style. So Wa-LA! I'm in the decor game!
I was running out of room in my closet anyways.
2 comments:
oooo...the bottom room is a way fun kids room.
I know exactly what you mean by this... that is why we dont have any decorations on the wall at our house. Its so hard to make them understand, maybe I'll have Ryan read this and maybe, just maybe he'll see why I buy so many clothes.
Post a Comment