Sunday

Let the adventures begin.







So far on this trip we really haven't taken many pics (but here's the few we did manage to get). I think it's because we know we'll be coming here again and again so why bother--also we just forget to grab the camera out of the car. And while I really should take more pics of alex for his grandparents in Cali. I've just gotten lazy. Though you can view his cutness by checking out our family web album link for when we first got here. He LOVE LOVE LOVES the pool, running around the house and the yard. Besides since his sunburn, then his mini-cold, and now his teething, if I'm around he's whiney and just wants me. So I've just been hearing about most of the fun stuff he's been doing and all the cute pics and videos I could capture require me to be gone because they've happened while he's been playing with his grandparents or auntie. go figure. We have been having a great time though. Our friends Spencer and Breckan arrived and yesterday was our first day out and about to explore the island. We met some thai smoothie makers who spencer chatted up, there were rope swings and caves (thus the pic of jake acting like a bear. we've got this thing with arielle that anytime we are in caves we have to take a pic with that pose). We saw some waterfalls, swam and got lots and lots of sun. PLUS i found the most fantastic thing ever on a house....yes look at that pic again, is it a deck on top of a roof with a spiral staircase leading up to it. It's because the house is basically across the street from this hill that goes down to a surfer's beach. But in order to see the ocean from the house--it is only a 1 storey house--you have to get up on the roof. This might be a burden with a sloped roof, but these craftey home owners just built a superb deck uptop. Brilliant! I will say it again, i love hawaii.

2 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

i am so jealous! you are brown, skinny, and your boobs are huge! and you are in heaven. so not fair... actually, you deserve it for living in cold alaska!

Mahana said...

ha! thank you thank you for the compliments...though the camera I think added weight just to my boobs because "huge" is not a word commonly used to describe them!