Tuesday

I'm dirty, so I'm ready for my picture.






This weekend didn't exactly work out as planned...you know the big campout for the entire weekend where by the end you're so sick of hot dogs that even looking at your dogs make you want to vomit. O.k. so perhaps it's a good thing it didn't all pan out. Instead we did one night of camping (more than enough for me thank you very much) with the Mexicans. Now before you get your white politically correct feathers all ruffled, let me clarify and explain that this is not a derogatory nor demeaning phrase. "The Mexicans" are the in-laws, more specifically Jake's sister's in-laws and they've been called the Mexicans since before I met them and yes I will follow the crowd on this one. They are completely fine with it. Promise.

Anyways, while some might argue that technically we didn't "camp" since no tent was involved, remember you're talking about me and that counted. The church has all these mini-cabins that are free to bunk out in (you'd actually be surprised at how many free cabins are randomly situated around alaska) so we invited ourselves to Hanna's in-law memorial bash and wah-lah, here are some pictures. Despite getting no sleep the night before, Alex had plenty of energy to explore every tree, hill, and dirt pile around, and have time to gorge on watermelon.

4 comments:

Arielle said...

He's growing up so quickly! And I love his smile. Is that LaDaSa?

Mahana said...

Yeah, that's LaDaSa. I had never been there before. Nice spot.

Arielle said...

I was never lucky enough to sleep in a cabin. Actually they sorta scared me. When I went to girls camp there, there was always a story about a bear on the loose behind the cabins or a man from big lake who was a murderer and was out to get us.

Hananjo said...

I'm with Arielle about the creepy cabin factor. Thank goodness the Rav is really just another name for hard topped tent.