Friday

I'd like to give this moment to you for a good chuckle. Use it wisely.


This one is for the books people. And while I'm slightly miffed (though I really can't blame anyone in particular for what has happened), I have to laugh...that is unless I can't return it...but I'm getting ahead of myself. First off, we got a new king size bed frame. Hurray for us! We've been looking on and off for a LONG time. We finally bit the bullet and bought the one both jake and i have checked out multiple times. Seeing as we don't have a king size bed the next logical choice would be to get one right? ah ha! Not if you're us and looking to save some money after buying a fabulous king bed frame. Instead we headed off to buy two twin size bed sets to put together as a king size.

Now you're probably wondering "Why buy two twins instead of just a king?" Good question. Yes the two twins are supposed (key word) to be the same size as a king bed so you're not gaining any size but that little crease with having two beds does wonders for keeping a wandering bed hog on their side of the bed. Unfortunately in our haste we only measured the width to make sure it matched a King, and not the length, which a normal twin size bed falls 5" short. That's a lot of inches to be short on a bed. Turns out in all the praise we've heard about two twins as a king bed bliss, the slight, but very important detail that it needed to be the Extra Long Twin size bed was omitted. Brilliant.

So now it's up to the return gods as to whether or not I'll be able to return two twin bed sets that have been unwrapped and at least two of them have the price/product # label taken off. I'll know by tomorrow. And so will you if you hear screaming or whoo-hoos. I guess IF i get stuck with these two beds, it's not like I don't have anywhere to put them and they're not a bad thing to get stuck with....the bright side. looking at the bright side.

1 comment:

Claire and Greg said...

if you can't return them i'll buy them from you when we move out there for the boys rooms!