News Flash!
I just got a call today that our FBI background checks are FINALLY on their way to our adoption agency. Hurray! Now they're just collecting some references and once those are in....we will be an eligible couple! So what does that mean??
Well first, our profile with the agency goes public and any girl expecting a baby can check us out. Then it's (hopefully a short) waiting game. Should a birth mother like what she reads and see, she can then choose us. If we accept, then it's waiting (again) and hoping she doesn't change her mind up until the baby is born and in our arms. Even though I've been through the process it still seems so surreal that it could happen. I'm trying not to get too pumped because I realize that Alex's adoption and being picked by his birth mom happened really fast, so I need to keep in mind that it could be months or even YEARS before we get picked again but I feel SO much better knowing that we'll soon be out there. I can handle being on the Lord's time frame for receiving another tyke but I was ready to make heads roll with waiting to just become eligible.
Anyways, keep us in your prayers or better yet keep the birth mothers in your prayers. Oh man I've got baby fever. Just look at the pic of Alex...he was sooo tiny and cute and non-defiant. Ahh, the good old days.
No comments:
Post a Comment