I got pulled over today. Going 81 in a 65. Not exactly speeding when compared to my usual but according to the law speeding nonetheless. Honestly, I was just going with traffic, or at least following the fastest driver. I have to say, that this one, was by far my best conversation for getting out of ticket (which thankfully I've never gotten).
Disclaimer: The contents of this conversation are not word for word. Laughter may or may not have occurred at time indicated.
Officer: Hello. (license, registration, etc etc). So, what is your reason for going 81 in a 65 zone?
Me: I'm wearing my heavy shoes.
Officer: (Leans in to check out my shoes--red strappy sandals--and laughs).
Me: I was just going with the flow of traffic, I had my music up and was just enjoying the drive because it's been a FANTASTIC day for me. (picture my big grin, tilted head, you ladies know the drill)
Officer: hmm. (chuckles) Fantastic? What made it so fantastic that you felt inclined to speed?
Me: Today my sis-in-law took my son so I could go into anchorage and do the costco run, returns clothes for my husband that refuses to go shopping so I have to get him things, display them and then return the rejects, and well getting to do that kid free--it's just been fantastic. (yes I do tend to ramble.)
Officer: Alright well I'll be back with this (holding up my info)
Officer:Well I wouldn't want to ruin such a "fantastic" day so I'm letting you off with a stern (gave me a scowl) stern warning. Next time wear lighter shoes.
Me: Oh thank you so much! have a great day!
HA! Maybe it was the end of his shift or something. Who knows. And no I'm not bragging because that would upset the traffic gods that have been SO good to me in giving me warnings every time I've been pulled over. Perhaps I should do a cop donation this year! Or save it for when my charm, my quick wit, or just plain luck run out to pay for the ticket I'll get. yeah. that's probably smarter.
1 comment:
You lucky duck! I had one of those 80 something tickets in a 65. I didn't get off so easily. Too bad it wasn't Joel who pulled you over.
Post a Comment