Thursday

Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination.


Alright we know that this summer has been wickedly cruel in it's number of cloudy days. And honestly, the amount of my time that should be spent, oh say folding the mound of laundry, has been rerouted to looking for tickets outta here. It has increased with Alex turning two a mere 2 months away and adding to my ticketing cost and also when news of changes to mileage plan amount of miles for a ticket will be increasing reached my ears. Take away the stale lunches, take away the gross peanuts, and rob me of my 2nd bag, but mess with my airline miles and now I'm really pissed.

So in an effort to center my life again, I'm trying to remember that I do love my home, my family, my closet full of fantastic shoes and unwearable summer clothes but my winter clothes are equally fun so it balances out, and remember that happiness starts with me. Unfortunately connected to my hand is the appendage known as a suitcase and my internal sun compass is navigating me to the airport. I'm going to need some major surgery and therapy to fix that.

No comments: