Sunday

When you can't have what you want, it's time to start wanting what you have.


The holidays are just around the corner and as the ads start rolling in and the "you need this" is subliminally channeled to my brain, it hit me today that rather than look at what I don't have, I need to be thankful for what I DO have. We sang, Count Your Many Blessings today at church and I thought it would be a great idea. So as of today, I'm accenting the positive. I'm going to try to not complain about whatever comes my way and try to find the good in all. I'm going to surround myself with positive vibes, good people and good conversation that is uplifting and not negative. We all have so much to be grateful for and I hope that I can make the habit of always counting my many blessings everyday. That doesn't mean I ignore the improvements I need to make in my life, but instead I can take a positive spin on what and why I need to improve and hopefully that will help my willingness to do so! Wish me luck! Or better yet, if I start to complain, just start humming, count your many blessings!

Ps: Just a fyi though, weather is excluded from this! I reserve the right to complain about wanting to be warm! lol I'm not perfect after all!!!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

loved this post... good luck!

Debbie said...

What a great idea!!! I get SOOO tired of the flood of ads that constantly point out what I don't have and why my existence sucks and my life won't be complete unless I buy more piles of their CRAP. And how funny, because I had similar feelings when we sang that song in church! When I sit back and look at how much I do have, it FAR outweighs what I don't. Thanks for the reminder:)

Jonesy said...

Then what was the good in that rash you got from that public bathroom? -a

Eve said...

Amen!

Mahana said...

A,
Well i got that rash from you so it just taught me to not use the same stall as you!

Kenia Soares said...

you also are very likeable, seem to be a pleasant and educated person…

Mahana said...

Thank you Kenia! I'll take your compliments any day. Nice to meet you too!