Saturday

I like the extra hour and all, but I hate how it messes with my hard worked for schedule.

Daylight Savings. Lame. Really, just lame. I mean, especially for us Alaskans. Each day past June 20th, I've been losing daylight and will continue to until Dec 20th where we begin the upswing of gaining time each day. So why in the world do we do daylight savings?

3 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

i agree... why? is there really a need? apparently the reason for leap year is because... as thousands and thousands of years go by we need that one extra day to keep our seasons in the right months. otherwise we would have summer in decemeber. so still... whats with daylight savings? same reason as leap year? all i know is that i cant figure it out. do we gain an hour???

Laci J said...

Do you really wanna know why. Its because a long time ago there was this guy who said I can do anything and he said he could prove it, someone said you cant change time and he said Yes I can and that's how daylight savings came about. Just a little fun fact my sister told me years ago.

Mahana said...

ha! that sounds like the best explanation I've heard yet!