Tuesday

Yeah. I'm pretty awesome.


Today was my uncle neil's last day in alaska, so naturally, i had to do a fantastic last meal right??? I'm having an "i wish I had taken a picture" moment because our spread was pretty sweet.
  • King crab legs with lemon garlic butter
  • Spicy tokoyo (toasted sesame seeds, hot-smoky chilies, and flakes of dried seaweed among other fun things) grilled salmon
  • Macadamian nut encrusted halibut
  • Alaska sausage (reindeer meat--hold back the gag, it's actually really good!) skewers with yellow squash, mushrooms and bell peppers
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Fresh loaf of bread with homemade strawberry rhubarb jam
And for dessert, homemade rhubarb pie with cherry chocolate chunk ice cream.

Yeah. I'm pretty awesome. If only I had a picture to capture my awesomeness. Oh wait-I have a photo booth. Brilliant.

5 comments:

Jonesy said...

Don't tease us with comments like that. Are you guys going to surprise us on the cruise? We'll share our room if we all fit. That meal sounds amazing. I'm drooling for the halibut and reindeer. What is spaghetti squash? Please delete that post before jonesy sees it and wants the same meal!

Mahana said...

I wish we could surprise you! but after jake mentioned it he said there was no way we could do it with how busy he is at work. So we'll have to plan on a different cruise to go with you guys.

Becca said...

ok Iron Chef Alaska!!!! I just licked the computer monitor for good measure! It was delish!

Heidi said...

That meal sounds great!! I did not know you had a blog. We have to get together some time.

Maksymov Family said...

Wow, is all I have to say! You are awesome! That sounds like quite a spread. Even back at good ole'Wymount you were making delicious speads. Just the other day I was remembering some sort of chocolate scone that you made for dessert. That should tell you something that I am still remembering your food four years later! I would love to get your recipes sometime!