Tuesday

It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.


Seven year baby! That's right, Jake and I have been married 7 years as of yesterday! Do I feel old? yes. An old married woman.

Anyway, to celebrate, I handed off the kid to my mom, borrowed Jane's T-bird convertable and headed into Anchorage. Did a little shopping (got these great blue croc patterned heels!), had a yummy italian soda, got jake a slice of cake at Cafe Europa, then together we hit up The Mummy (the only downer of the night...seriously, completely a wait for DVD movie--but you could have guessed that right??), and then went to this restaurant called Ginger. It was SUCH good food and the decor was tasteful, modern and classy. Honestly. Sometimes Alaska seems to lack in good places to dine, but Ginger has a new fan.

You can check out their menu at gingeralaska.com I had the garlic ribs with peanut sauce noodles and a Strawberry chili salad. Jake had seared Ahi tuna and the special which was pineapple ginger glazed pork loin, this mushroom fried rice and veggies. oh and he had their ginger ale which gave you a BANG of ginger flavor...a little too much for my tastes. All in all, our meal was superb and our anniversary fantastic. Didn't even get a ticket in the t-bird. nice. Jake got it up to 120 mph at one point. You loose the feeling old thing when you're going that fast--it's more like "I'm too young to die!" Anyway, happy 7 years and many more to us!

1 comment:

Arielle said...

So he finally got his seared ahi tuna! I'm surprised you didn't order fried chicken.