Bare with me while I have a melancholy moment of reflection.
I have many regrets. I think we all do. But I think my biggest one comes from how I have directly or indirectly mistreated others. How I have misjudged and have lost a current or potential relationship because of my false assumption that I would do any different if in their shoes. Or forgetting that I don't have the entire picture. It's funny how you tend to grow up in these roller coaster spurts that are propelled by the ever present teacher called hindsight. Just in the past 24 hrs I've had a big reminder that I need to improve the way I think and act. Perhaps one day I'll finally pass the class. Until then, I beg forgiveness. And ask you for a little tutoring along the way :)
UPDATE: oh the ironies of life :) After I wrote this I decided to delve into preparing my lessons for my Laurels on sunday and the objective states: "Each young woman will seek to improve her associations with others." Sheesh. Divine timing huh? Or better yet, a divine push :)
No comments:
Post a Comment