Last night was a horrible night. Our dog Eli was hit by a car right in front of our home and after being checked on by the vet, it was discovered that his spine was fractured and that our best and most humane option was to put him down. I'm crying as I type this because even though Eli could be the most annoying dog ever with his insistance at barking at, well everything, including the wind, he was an adorable dog and I will miss him. Alex's first word was Eli and pretty much Jake and Eli were the best of friends. But all dogs go to heaven right? They have to especially since they have to put up with us emotional humans! So have fun up there Eli. Bark as long and as loud as you want and guard our mansion in heaven. We'll see you one day! Until then, you're in our hearts and we look forward to the reunion.

By the way I do have to give a HUGE thanks to Claire. She jumped out of her bath and came decked out in pjs, unasked and no objections taken and went with me to take Eli to the vet. You're a sweetheart and I'm so glad that I have you for my sis-in-law. I would have really lost it if I had been by myself that whole time before jake showed up. Love you Claire!
4 comments:
Sorry about Eli Mahana. Him and Zeus are probably ruling the Petersen Heaven Compound already. And when does Claire not go around in her pjs?!?
I'm so sorry, Mahana. :(
I am so sorry to hear about Eli. It was nice that Claire could be there for you.
That is so sad. I'm very sorry to hear the news. Dogs have a way of working themselves right into your heart.
Post a Comment