
This year we are doing Thanksgiving with just us. Yup. Me, Jake and Alex. With Jake's parents in Hawaii along with Hanna & Joe (who would probably do it with Joe's family anyways), my parents in Cali, Claire & Greg heading to Fairbanks, and William & Lori picking up Lori's parents at the airport that day and then going to sit in on the Petersen's in Anchorage Thanksgiving, we are left to ourselves. Not that I'm complaining. I'm actually looking forward to it. I love to cook and the past couple of Thanksgivings have been fun to do, but in reality we do big family dinners at least once a month, so the only difference with Thanksgiving is we have a turkey.
So since this year it's just us, I'm going to really spice it up. I don't have to worry about what kids won't like what, or other people's traditional must haves. I'm going to take the basics and vamp them up Mahana style. Since I love having an ethnic region to focus on, this year India will be it. This is my menu so far:
Main Dishes
- Garam Marsala Turkey with Citrus Spice Glazed (this recipe is for just a turkey breast but it should easily work for the smallest turkey I could find)
- Curried Yams in Coconut Milk
- Stuffing with golden raisins, cinnamon, almonds and celery
- Some Veggie. Probably keep it simple with crisp green beans or a salad. Don't want too many flavors competing
- Garlic Naan Bread & Hummus
I think that should be good for just me and jake. Alex will probably eat the Garlic Naan and pick out the raisins. I'm still working on a dessert. Jake had requested a while back a chocolate soufle which isn't Indian but whatever. Dessert is like a seperate meal anyway right?
2 comments:
Oh my word, that sounds incredible, and knowing you, it will taste even more amazing than it sounds!!! Oh and cute dress too, what a steal!
If you have rice pudding for dessert, I'll be there! And I don't even like turkey. When rita and i were at the mall williams and sonoma was baking a turkey breast and stuffing and it smelt sooo good. She's going to get the rub and stuffing.
Post a Comment