Monday

It's fuzzy...but better than nothing.

The rundown:
  • This is Alex's first encounter with Santa. I'm in a debate if I even want to start up the whole Santa hype to only explain it later on. Especially since at Christmas we want him to know that we give more than we receive. No more than one gift from us and a stuffed stocking. He gets all that he needs and wants all year long anyway. Maybe I'll just focus on him being Santa's helper to make other people's holidays bright.
  • 10 days are up and while we still await LDS Family Services to tell us that the paperwork is officially filed and we are in the clear...the birth mom still is happy and has told us she isn't backing out! Whoo-hoo.
  • Kohi is as adorable as ever. Is growing pretty fast. I think he'll breeze through his clothes...his biological dad was 6'4" after all...yikes.
  • We still all have a cold. A nasty nasty cold. So chances are I won't be on here again until after Christmas...you can continue to breathe a sigh of relief.
  • Hurray my parents are here! They've been awesome. Especially with the rest of us sick...it's so nice to be able to take a nap! Plus Alex is LOVING the grandparent one on one attention he doesn't get very often since he has so many cousins here. Lucky for him, with my parents there aren't any other cousins to compete with--just his brother..lol. The joys of having a mother that is an only child!
  • Lastly. Merry Merry Christmas! I'm so thankful for all of you who have put us in your prayers with this adoption, supported us and loved us all year long. I know it's probably the most impersonal way to thank you but I'm horrible at getting cards out or Christmas letters! And really I'd prefer to hug you all but we know that can't happen...unless...no no..I can't visit you all...so I send my virtual HUG.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm so glad that things are working out with Kohi. It would have been horrible to have to give him up if the birth-mom changed her mind. I hope you guys feel better for xmas! It's so wonderful when your parents are around! I miss mine being close. Please tell them hello for me! they rock! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Debbie said...

How exciting that the 10 days are behind you!!! I love the name Kohi. He is SOOO adorable.