Three things:
1. Adoption update: For those of you who don't know, we're kind of in limbo right now. The birthmom took the baby home and wants a week with him (that puts us at next Wednesday for possibly taking him home PLUS 10 days that she can still change her mind after she signs the paperwork). And before you say "WTH?!" remember she giving her child to another family she just barely met 3 months ago. It's hard, her life has never been easy and unlike us, doesn't have great supportive and loving family unit. That doesn't mean I'm not DYING over here and am on pins and needles. But perspective does a lot to add patience and love to the waiting process. God help me! Seriously, I'm going to need it!
2. In the midst of this adoption limbo, I marvel that we have Alex and count my blessings that his birthmom chose adoption. I love him. And no matter what happens with the adoption, I will always have Alex to teach and love.
3. You may think you're husband rocks but let's just say this week Jake takes the cake for having to deal with a completely emotional me. He is my rock. Most of you don't see his sweet side, but he is amazing. And that's all I'm going to say since I don't want to embarrass him :)
6 comments:
oh phew! We don't want gushy details on jacob. You have such a good attitude about this. Are you sure that you are a Petersen?
I'd been wondering what was going on with the adoption. I hope the mother decides soon--so you can move on--with a baby or without. Our prayers are with you! Hang in there! You rock!
Mahana I have been thinking about you a lot and appreciate the update. You guys are so awesome and you are in my prayers also!!!
Mahana, your patience and perspective are really inspiring. We will keep praying and I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for you, but I also know how hard it can be to wait for that plan to be revealed. Alex is a blessed little guy to have two amazing parents!
I admire you guys so much!!!!! I check every day for an update! we send our love and support and know what it meant to be will be!!!!! best to you guys!!!!
I can't even think about how hard that would be to go thru. You are doing so good, and I know that even though you are making it thru it is very hard on you. Just know that you have a lot of people praying for you to give your family peace and comfort. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment