
In case you live in a hole, you might have missed that we're in a recession which no matter how well off you are, is never a good thing...unless you're one of the ones getting a chunk of that billion dollar stimulus chunk from the government--I however will be on the opposite end of the spectrum and will be providing a portion of that chunk so it's time to take stock of finances and really distinguish need vs. want.
Anyway, I've decided this is the perfect opportunity to simplify, downsize, use what we have etc etc. Yes, this really should be the norm but we do live in a consumer country and I do like to consume. I'll be the first to admit that I love to shop and rarely rarely pass up a "good deal" but I'm coming to understand that just because it's a good deal doesn't mean I need it. It's still money spent right?! Whether it's $5 or $20. money is money.
So to begin my new goal of only buying what we really really need --and let me tell you with the possibility of getting a girl it has been killing me not to run off and get all girl related stuff--including new infant swings, or cribs, playmats and stuff which I was informed yesterday was on clearance at Target for insane prices--I am just sitting here enjoying the fact that I don't need to spend more money. I've been very blessed to really have everything I need. And if two kids have survived this house without xyz new thing, then the next one can too. I've even taken stock of the fabric in my craft room and found FREE online patterns to sew up some cute little dresses, even a sleeper, and kimono wrap for the new bundle of joy. I'll provide a couple of those links below so you too can check them out and download.
I'm finding a new found excitement and purpose with just even looking at the fabric and deciding which one to use for my free patterns. In reality clothes are my weakness and now with baby girl's clothes in my near future, I have to find a way to curb my insane want (i almost typed need) to dress her to the nines in all things fabulous. So not only will my daughter have some original clothes, I really do need to work on my hobbies besides internet surfing and facebooking :) and this is a perfect one. Now I won't lie and say that I won't buy more fabric here and there...c'mon it's me we're talking about, but at least for now, the old stuff really is new again. And I'm loving it.
Super cute peasant blouse
Sundress pattern
Adorable Kimono
3 comments:
Well, just in case you hadn't heard, and just so you can have some more temptation :) www.oldnavy.com is having and extra 50% off their clearance with coupon code HALFOFF. Have fun!
Oh and with the crib stuff and all, I just made sure I stayed neutral so I could reuse it with any gender. To curb my decorating need that I felt when putting together Corbin's room I just went ahead and got big boy bedding (twin) to coordinate with the theme. So now, I'm all done!
Hey I'm doing this too. Time for saving and using what I have. Good thing we stocked up on fabric when we did. I knew I'd use it some time.
That kimono is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I can't wait to see what else you whip out!
Post a Comment