Monday

I'm so giddy.

(Me in seattle on my last girl's trip over 2 years ago!!!!)

Two things so far has marked this week as a good week.

1) Kohi's adoption finalization court date is tomorrow (tuesday!) and I'm pretty sure that the court system is going to think that me and jake are awesome and that Kohi is very lucky.

2) I just booked a weekend--sans children!--for Seattle.

O.k. some may say "you have no kids and you're going to Seattle?" First off, it's close. Secondly, I only have 3 days and 2 nights and I don't want to spend the majority of it traveling! Jake, my darling hubbie who loves me, knows I need to get out of Alaska for a good recharge and didn't even balk (o.k. a little but it was less than expected) at the idea! And his mom, Jane, is the sweetest in volunteering to help Jake with the kids AND with that volunteering it's allowing me to not have to take one baby...which would have been Leila since she's not so mobile. :)

Without kids, the possibilities in Seattle seem limitless! I don't have to cart around diapers, bottles and formula. Or worry about naps, strollers and car seats. OMG. I think I just had a mini-heart attack of glee. Love my children, but am SO looking forward to Seattle. No drama. No parental responsibility. No problem! Besides Seattle is my kind of place: Great shopping & thousands of amazing restaurants. Plus it is a beautiful city. sigh. Now I just have to not explode with excitement until that weekend. tick tock tick tock!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun, that is so great that you are going to get a nice weekend without kids to just relax!

Jonesy said...

when are you going? too bad seattle is soooo far away. when are we doing an all girls trip? I want to go to san francisco some day.