We haven't had TV (cable or caveman antenna) all summer but Oct 13th we will. Why you ask? Well somehow I'll be saving money.... Or was it I'll get more for my money even if monthly my bill will be more? it's so complicated and yes illogical.About a month ago I got a $20 walmart antenna working on the big tv downstairs and have been pretty proud of my 2 channels...in High Def. oh yeah. But with winter rapidly approaching my butt has been sending signals to my brain that it would like to see its old friend the couch again and get reacquainted. So for weeks I've been debating: cable or no. Jake has casually mentioned it a few times--saying I can just get it-- Probably because he's has had to go over to other people's houses to watch college football games. And I'll admit I have been feeling a little bad about that but not that bad to give into the monster that is cable tv.
So what really propelled me in the end? Finding out that right now I'm paying $80/month just for my local phone (only 100 mins of long distance!) and 512 kps internet. Can you say RIP OFF. But that's what happens when you live in Alaska. Way out in the Butte and there is only 1 phone/cable/internet company that comes out to your area. BUT if I add cable tv with a high def box, they'll up my internet speed to the next level and my monthly bill will be about $115. So faster internet and Cable TV? Awesome. Sure in the end I'm paying more monthly but I'm getting hours and hours of entertainment, "educational" babysitting (I know that's bad but don't you judge me until you have 3 kids under 3 years old & winter is 7 months long) and my butt is happy. I think it's a pretty good deal. It is, it is, it is! Jake just laughed when I told him. But I know deep down he's completely stoked to watch ultimate fighting again. Besides I'll redeem myself when April comes around and I go tv free until the Fall.
2 comments:
Psh. I would do it, too. We happen to have fast internet and my husband hooked a mac mini up to our tv, so we watch all our shows online on our tv for free. Otherwise, we would still be paying for satellite.
And who hasn't used tv to sneak a shower in or bribe their kids into behaving? If there is someone, I don't want to know about it.
girl!! I did exactly what you did.. at least you got 2 channels with the "rabbit ears". we finally broke down after many months without cable... wouldn't you know... football sesson started up 2 days after Steve signed us up. Hummm... gotta be able to watch greys!
Post a Comment