Monday

Wasted time

I waste a lot of time. I'm neither proud nor too ashamed enough to change anything about it. I do get mad, however, when I've actually taken the time to engage in something that ends up being a waste of time.

That was the case with the book The Associate by John Grisham...waste of time. Granted, Grisham has entered the class of authors that pump out books plastered with their name for a quick sale blah blah blah. And yes I knew that but he's always at least given me a decent suspense to wade through. Really, I don't care if the ending is improbable, the characters way too good looking....Entertain me! I'm not reading this book to be educated! I want entertainment and sadly he couldn't even provide that through the entire book. It took a lot of effort to see it through to the end. Seriously. Awful writing and story. I should have stopped after the first 60 pages pissed me off. Thank goodness for the library. I would have had a book burning if I had bought it.

1 comment:

Jane said...

ya, I read john grisham book "The Innocent Man'". I usually really enjoy his books. this one wasn't bad, per say, but it was totally different from any other book of his--based on a true story. And I wish it hadn't been true, because it was sad. I also wish I hadn't read it. It was painful to force myself to read it--I thought it might get better, ya know? So The Associate, is no good, huh? I'll steer clear. I wonder if his newest book--Ford County--is any good.