Friday

Loved.


I've been having one of those *cringe* weeks. I haven't been able to keep much in my body since Sunday and as of yesterday, have acquired a full on cold. Plus all three kids are sick with either a cold or the runs. Add to the mix that Kohi is also the devil incarnate--screaming when he's not being held or if I give attention to anyone else...Yeah. one of those weeks.

Needless to say I haven't been a very nice person, let alone mom. Last night I just couldn't take it anymore and after screaming at the top of my lungs, I collapsed onto the couch sobbing. Jake wasn't going to be home for at least another hour and i just couldn't make it till then to have my breakdown. But then the best thing happened. Alex reminded me that I was loved.

He came up to me on the couch and asked if I was crying and I said yes because I was sad. Then I asked him if I could have a hug. He immediately agreed and climbed into my lap and wrapped his arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder. It was the most wonderful thing. After a bit, he pulled back and looked me in the eye and asked if I was done with my crying and I told him I was and thanked him. He then gave me another hug then told me thank you and ran off to resume playing with his toys.

Seriously, say it with me: "awwww, so cute!"

2 comments:

Eve said...

The best part of this story is that even when you're having the week from hell and feel like a bad mommy, you are obviously doing something right. That is major compassion for a just- barely three year old. Go Alex, and go YOU!

Mahana said...

His hug totally made me feel like I wasn't the worst mother in the world. I guess I AM doing something right;p thank u eve!