Some of you are champion bakers. I am not. Specifically I am not a BREAD maker/baker. But I love homemade bread and rolls. I'll admit I lack the patience. Who wants to wait 2+ hrs for bread? Give me a break. Add to the fact that on numerous occasions I've attempted to make Mama Jane's fantastic rolls---rolls that I C.R.A.V.E weekly. And each time I fail. FAIL. Miserably. Jake has even told me to just give it up--which only makes me even more determined to succeed.
So today Mama Jane herself came over and hovered over me as I again attempted to recreate the bread roll masterpiece. The results? SUCCESS. Beautiful, fluffy, delicious-melt-in-your-mouth rolls. And yes, patience was the missing ingredient for this recipe...and a sufficient amount of kneading. Take that Jake.
ps. I'd post a picture but I've eaten them already! muahahahahahaha
1 comment:
It's funny because I make the rolls for thanksgiving every year and they've never been those dream rolls. I made my friend walk me through it this year and I finally made amazing rolls. Her recipe has less kneading! And much, much more butter.
I want to tackle cinnamon rolls next. Cinnabon style, you know?
Post a Comment