I have been DYING to do a little girl's room. But with Kohi and Leila sharing a bedroom, I've held off because Kohi is such a BOY that it just seemed too weird having him in a girly girl room. Today, though, I moved Kohi out! They were doing well sleeping in the same room but with them coming down with colds and waking up because of them (and waking each other up and thus fully waking me up) I decided it was time to separate the "twins". Besides, Kohi has been sleeping in the bonus room that is way cooler (literally temperature wise) the past few nights and been doing really well. One day I hope to move Alex and Kohi into the 3rd story room and convert Alex’s to the “study/computer” room. But that’s a few years down the line. Right now Alex HATES having Kohi in his room.
So I'm ridiculously excited to finally put up the decor I have for her room. This is what I have so far. I'm just going to keep her in the crib bedding that Kohi was in (fairly colorful and gender neutral) so the fabric shown above will be what her duvet cover will be. Then the two Masha Dyan's art will flank either side of her window (see below) and when she's older,the bed will go where her crib is--under the window--saves me having to do a headboard but really that is my ideal placing of a bed in that room.
Then the black wire jewelry holder in the picture of my loot (I have 2 of them) will go next to her french door closet (see below). Then she can hang earrings and necklaces and the design of it matches the flowers on the duvet. Brilliant.
Below the jewelry holder, I'm thinking about putting the 3 silhouette robin egg blue birds. These can be used to hang purses, scarves, a towel...whatever will fit. I also like the pop of color it brings to that wall.
On the far big wall next to the closet I think I’ll make paper fans. My friend Becca has this great blog and gave me THIS IDEA and the how-to for making it. I think it’ll work perfect for letting me cover a good amount of space. Plus with the French door closet opening up against that wall, I don’t want something as pricey as the Masha Dyan’s canvases getting smashed!
That leaves one large wall left. But I think for now I'll just work on what I have. I'd love to get her a long vanity/desk to put on that wall when you first come into her room...but all in time. Afterall, she's not even One yet!
2 comments:
your right! we do think alike. love it all.
Please just come do my house. I like that fan idea. Is it masculine enough for jenkin's room?
Post a Comment