Monday

Surprise! A new baby in the family...and it's not mine!

Today me and the kids went and saw Hanna's new baby: Maximiliano David Martorell. I think I'll call him Maxim. You know, after the men's magazine :) He's adorable. Black hair, somewhat asian eyes and CHUB. He was 8lbs. Ouch. Again, I thank the Lord's sight in having me adopt rather than give birth. I would not (nor Jake) have survived pregnancy & labor.

Anyway, Alex was not happy seeing me hold a new baby at the hospital. As Jake's mom pointed out, that for him, me going and picking up babies at a hospital is the way he gains siblings--which he obviously thinks he has enough of! I wish I had brought my camera to capture his face. He was seriously distraught. He thought we were taking the baby home. At first, despite everyone telling him that the baby was Hanna & Joe's, he just wouldn't believe it! He didn't want to hold Maxim, refused to say his name and on and on. Finally, after the 20th time, of telling him that the baby was Uncle Joe's & Auntie Hanna's, his eyes lit up, he let out this epiphany-ish "oooh" then tells me: "Well give it back then" in his sternest voice. LOL. Nice. Welcome baby Maximiliano! Don't worry, Alex will love you more when he fully realizes that you live across the street rather than the next bedroom over!

2 comments:

Kelly J said...

Greatest ever! "Give it back then!!" LOL.

Arielle said...

now post a freakin picture. I'm dying here