Friday

Soft, cuddly and oh so chic.

Let's discuss fabric. I have a ton of it. I love finding fun prints. I however suck at sewing. actually let me clarify, I have NO patience for it. But I am very excited at the idea of doing the bedding for Leila's room, which is great and all and now you're wondering WTH {why the heck} I'm posting about it...well my dears, it's because while digging through my pile-o-fab, I found these forgotten gems of fabric.

and here's what I'm thinking..... Toddler bedding! The fabric with the birds will be a pillow case and the vibrant floral the duvet --with a solid colored border and reverse side--probably will do a border around the pillow case too. Help to break up the busy patterns.

Anyway. Thoughts. I need input. Yeah or Nay? Of course chances are I may not listen but I do like to at least read your comments :)

The whole point is so that I'll have fantastic bedding that she'll be able to use fairly soon (thus bringing her room to THAT level of awesome, and save this fabric
for when she's a little older and has a larger bed needing a full/queen duvet cover. I'm seeing this fabric as a little more "mature" but still chic. whatever. I'm just saying that to give me an excuse to make two bedding sets!

3 comments:

Miner said...

I'm impressed that you can make bedding! I wish I knew how to do anything with my awesome sewing machine that sits with out use! And I love the bright fabrics! Definitely important to have good vibes in the sleep room! :) But like I said I know nothing about fabrics and sewing so.. my advice isn't that helpful! lol

Karen said...

I love your colors Mahana. love, Karen Rose (Julie's mom)

Eve said...

I love it. I think you are right about adding a solid backing to break it up (besides, it'll be less expensive that way).

I love that kids are an excuse to redecorate bedrooms every couple of years.