I love the $1 section at Target. Love it.
This week I found these adorable little mail boxes and had an idea! A new "tradition" to start. I decided to make love note mailboxes for each of the kids. Corny I know. But I have been trying to think of a way to make sure Alex knows we love and miss him while we are gone to Africa (the babies probably won't notice we're gone!) and I thought it would be cool if each day we were gone, my parents could put in a pre-made love note into Alex's mailbox to open up each day.
Some days would include a little $1 target toy/stickers or just some candy--ya know, to spice it up.
Anyway, as you can see I had WAY too much fun making Leila's. It got attacked by ribbon and though it is a little much I still love it.
Kohi's has surfboards because he is a complete water baby and his nickname is Honu (turtle---because he makes a turtle face, not because he's slow!)
And Alex's of course has cars. Lots and Lots of cars.
I'm hoping once they start reading, to keep up the love notes daily....yeah we'll see about that. Either way they'll have their own personalized mailbox and Alex told me today "mom. I LIKE mailboxes. I like cars on my box." Perfect.
4 comments:
That is so cute, you come up with the best ideas.
Super cute! I love target's dollar section too. Hope you're feeling better...
Mahana, that is so sweet! I love the idea and I too LOVE targets dollar section. I was there yesterday. Got Elizabeth her own Journal so she would stop "writing" in mine. :) HUGS.
genious idea.
Post a Comment