Monday

all out of tears.

Until Alex's next dental appointment.

Here's the breakdown.

I just paid $206 for him to be "examined" and to have 2 xrays done on his teeth.

On April 7th (2 days before my birthday, let me point out), I will pay around $1800 for his first, that's right FIRST, sedation dental repair treatment.

All in all, I'll probably pay over $3500 to get his cavities filled and teeth capped.

The upside--yeah there is a slight one--I can have it done at the dental office where they won't fully knock him out, just make him a little "sleepy & forgetful". That saves me having to go to the hospital to have him knocked out which is another expense ADDED onto the $3500 dentist fee.

And for the record, the hospital said it's around $8000 for sedation there.

So yeah, I think we'll take our chances with the sedation they do at the dental office. That'll only {{{only}}} swindle me out of $250 per treatment....and so far he'll only need two.

1 comment:

Eve said...

This is so lame. It seems like when you are paying the amount of money you are, that they would throw in the exam and xrays. Like xrays cost them anything?!

Do they have a cash discount?

I am so, so sorry.