Friday

I don't want much. Right now that is.

Currently on my brain is furniture. Which I hate to lust over because it can be SO expensive. And not as easy to hide from Jake. :)

My wish list:
  1. Paint Leila's current crib white. Or Black. I can't decide. That's the problem.
  2. A big girl bed for Leila. I'm in love with day beds right now. And I especially love ones that open up to make a bigger bed. Perfect for little girl sleep overs. Hopefully they still have this bed in a year or two. Though it is Ikea. So I'm not worried.
  3. Get rid of the non-reclining armchair in my living room. Then on the far wall that would suddenly be open for a piece of furniture (the living room is this weird rectangle and placing furniture is a pain) I would put a fabulous fainting sofa {different color and pattern though, but LOVE the shape.}
  4. If not #3 then maybe cushioned platform with fun big pillows. Then it's not as bulky as another couch.
  5. End tables for the living room...and decor for on top of them. but just end tables for now would be great.
  6. A rug for under the piano. technically not furniture but then again it could be.
  7. A rug for the living room.
I guess it's always good with a list to start with #1. So what do you think? White or Black?

2 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

okay, first off, painting a crib SUCKS. you might as well just buy a new one. or wait until she's in a big girl bed. -love the ikea one in black. and second... they have that same -sort of- sofa at target.com for a fraction of the price. you can thank me later for that one. ... and yes, i got your email about changing blog emails. i will get to that soon, i promise.

and happy birthday leila!

Melanie Toutai said...

Hey since you have furniture on your mind check out this chicks blog she has a bunch of plans for pottery barn type furniture. Dont know if you are into that or not. And I think she lives in Alaska too! haha!

http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/

xoxox